v1 Beta Release
A public release with the core features of the platform:
- Sign-Up and Sign-In to own Organisation
- Set-Up Organisation and Workspaces
- Create, Edit and Deploy Edge Applications
- Register Nodes manually to Workspace
- Browse and use all available Modules
- Limited Free Beta Plan
Below, you will find all Product Units and the release notes which describe what is included and shipped with this release.
weeve Manager v1 will have the following features
- Multi-tenancy, multi user and RBAC support
- On-boarding and guided set up process
- Fan-in and Fan-out support
- prospective users can sign up to the weeve beta program and will receive credentials to log in to their dedicated organisation as organisation admin
- On-Boarding with Welcome Screen, Documentation, Video Tutorial on first Sign-In
- Adding 1 Workspace to the Organisation
- Name, Description, Icon
- Manually register Nodes to the Workspaces
- Update and Delete Nodes
- Workspace Dashboard with overview about Nodes and Deployments including Status
- Create and configure up to 3 editable Edge Applications
- Edit, Duplicate and Delete Edge Applications
- Edge Application Builder Canvas Mode
- Multi Thread Applications are supported with fan-in and fan-out
- Browse all available Modules including description and link to repository
- Redirect to Documentation, Feedback, Feature Request, Bug Report Submission Form
- Customer Support Channels
- Documented debugging methods
We do not support any kind of secrets management at the moment. Therefore pay extra attention if working with sensitive credentials and API keys using the platform.
- 1.Manual registration via Manager UIWhen registering a new node the user is prompted to input the necessary information and is then offered to download a configuration file that needs to be put on the respective node to configure the agent. (The communication between the user and the web UI is protected over HTTPS).
- 1.Removed the dependency on AWS. Weeve agent is now fit to use any MQTT broker.
- 2.Single topic (”orchestration”) for all edge application commands.
- 1.The MQTT connection is protected over TLS. The broker has a certificate issued by a CA (the CA certificate needs to be provided to the agent).
- 2.The broker does not authenticate clients.
- 1.Orchestration commands supported: DEPLOY, UNDEPLOY, REMOVE
- 2.Now, on “UNDEPLOY” edge application, won’t delete images, we have REMOVE command for that.
- 3.Added new command “REMOVE” (Stops all containers, deletes all containers, deletes network, and deletes all images of the edge application, if they aren’t used anywhere else).
- 4.Added support for “LOCAL_DEPLOY” - deploys an edge application using a local manifest, while undeploying it first if it already exists. The manifest file can be provided via a CLI argument.
- 5.Added support to mount devices on container in edge applications.
- 6.Added support for building edge applications with fan-in and fan-out routes.
- 1.Weeve agent maintains the deployment status for all weeve applications in
- 2.The status update is sent as soon as the status changes.
- 3.The status of the edge application is determined based on the status of it’s modules.
- 4.The status message now contains the status of the node, it’s edge application as well as the modules they consist of. It also includes an overview of the node’s resources and their availability.
The weeve Software Developer Kit provides developers with all the tools need to create modules, to build and deploy custom solutions, install the weeve Agent and validate edge hardware.
Our new boilerplate is much stronger, performs better and fills all the gaps that were reported to us by its users of v0.9. These are the new features:
- FAN-IN and FAN-OUT - finally we enable that in modules!
- Better logging and debugging mode making developers life easier
- Multithreading - we handle the situation when processing data takes long time and we receive new data in the meantime, basically we have one thread to register data and a separate thread to process data
- Module testing - we enable testing with sample input and output data so developers know if their code works
- Submission form for modules (submit your creation directly from the documentation page to weeve for review