v0.9 Developer Release
v0.9 Developer Release is as the name suggests,
focuses on providing the right tools for developers to
- create modules
- create and test edge applications
- test and validate edge hardware
- demonstrate core functionalities of the platform
- enable the creation of PoCs and PoVs
- new scalable backend Project and architecture
Below, you will find all Product Units and the release notes which describe what is included and shippable with this release.
Using NodeJS, provide a new and cleaner approach to building and developing web applications.
The Extension Pattern is a new design pattern in which any new feature added to a typical NodeJS application functions as a plugin and is referred to as an extension.
This monolith serves a ReST server a GraphQL server and an MQTT client.
- The GraphQL API provides access and authentication for all resources.
- The ReST API provides a health check endpoint as well as a public key that may be used to verify the MAPI server's authentication method.
- Multi-tenancy support
weeve Manager grants users authorisation based on their roles. A user's access to resources is determined by the role that has been allocated to them.
The weeve Command Line Interface (CLI) connects you with our GraphQL backend. The main goal of this tool is to make it simple for weeve developers to interface with our resources. Our CLI is unique because it is generated automatically from our GraphQL schema. As a result, if the structure changes, all you have to do is request a new schema from the server.
- We are able to discover and generate CLI actions for all the Queries for a given GraphQL endpoint ✅
- Still working on discovering and generating CLI actions for Mutations ❌
More info can be found here:
The weeve design system is a collection of reusable functional elements–components and patterns–guided by clear standards that product teams use to create a consistent experience across a range of products. Design systems act as a single source of truth for an entire organization by using a singular design language to guide the development of products.
weeve Agent installer script is ready with binaries for multiple architectures.
- 1.Auto-Registration (Registering for the first time, new certificates will be created)
- 2.Pre-Registered (Read created and registered certificates from disk)
- 1.Deploy (Deploys new edge application. Pulls images, creates a network, creates containers, attaches network to containers and starts the containers)
- 2.Un-deploy (Stops all containers, deletes all containers, deletes network and deletes all images of the edge application)
- 3.Re-deploy (Un-deploys existing edge application and deploys again)
- 4.Stop Service (Stops all containers of an edge application)
- 5.Start Service (Starts all containers of an edge application)
- 1.weeve agent logs all deployment requests into
- 2.weeve agent maintains the latest status for all weeve applications in
- 3.The agent sends a heartbeat message to the manager along with the statuses of the edge application available on that node.
The weeve Software Developer Kit provides developers with all the tools need to create modules, to build and deploy custom solutions, install the weeve Agent and validate edge hardware.
The weeve SDK contains the following articles with accompanying resources:
- High-level context
- Defining Edge
- Platform Architecture
- weeve Edge Applications
- weeve Agent
- weeve CLI
- Guides & Tutorials
- Hardware validation
- Installing the weeve Agent
- Create a weeve module
- Create an Edge Application
- Module Catalogue
- Discord Channel
- Docker Hub
The weeve Sandbox Environment was created based on our legacy backend architecture and legacy front-end to provide an environment to potential customers demonstrating the core functionality of the weeve Platform.
The sandbox supports the following features:
- Create, configure and edit an Edge Application
- Deploy and Undeploy an Edge Application
The first release of the physical demo for weeve includes:
- weeve Agent running on industrial grade equipment (Revolution Pi from Kunbus) and utilising a setup of devices to retrieve data and process them
- Sensor data input detecting the presence of water, with the aid of a industrial liquid point level sensor from IFM.
- Creating edge applications to alert/notify the user based on a custom water detection scenario
The demo can be used as a marketing or sales asset and will help with showcasing further weeve’s capabilities and added value.
For the purpose of the demo, the following were implemented/enhanced:
- Fluctuation Filter Process Module
- Slack Messaging Egress Module